It’s been a long time since we published a leak. Last year we leaked the entire Microsoft E3 Conference e some unannounced titles (Spiderman for PS4, Crash Bandicoot HD Remake, Watch Dogs 2’s protagonist, etc.). We also promised to reveal some information about Santa Monica’s cancelled IP for PS4. So, here we are, ready to share with you these info.
Searching on the web, we spotted a interesting portfolio website about a former Game Developer & 3D Concept Designer: Erik San Juan. He worked at Santa Monica for: Kinetica (PS2), God of War (PS2), God of War II, God of War III (PS3), God of War Collection (PS3), God of War Saga (PS3) and God of War Ascension (PS3), until April 2014.
Looking at his resume we see he also worked for:
– Unannounced (PS4) – Visual Development/Character Modeling (Cancelled)
Led the Concept Art incubation team for 2 years and later the Character Concept Art team while in full production. Provided 2D/3D concept art and models for a new PS4 IP in development which was later cancelled.
What is the name of this project? We don’t know (Darkside is a codename), but we spotted a lot of concept art published by the game designer. In order to avoid copywriting infringements, we won’t publish these concept arts, but if you are good at searching for, you can find them.
Here are the information we collected:
• It’s a futuristic game, maybe it is set in 2034;
• It could be about worlds exploration;
• Some character take part in a mission called “Ark Mission Genesis – A.D. 2034”;
• Some characters’ name: August, Donovan, NightHorse;
• There are some strange humanoid creatures (aliens?), similar to mutant fishes;
• These creatures ride some kind of bison with unicorn;
• There’s a group of refugees or mercenaries;
• There are drones;
• There is a kraken-like creature;
• Enemies could be skeletal monsters with long arms;
• There are creatures similar to dinosaurs;
• You could scan new creatures for information about DNA and Origin;
• A lot of uniforms.
The game is “Cancelled”, at the moment, and many developers have left Sony Santa Monica for this reason.